Thursday, October 30, 2008

First mission conference in La Serena, Chile

We are having our first mission conference in La Serena on Wednesday 10/27. (About 45 miles north of Ovalle right on the coast) I am nervous because they asked me to play the piano for two groups who are singing.
Things are getting more normal. The food here is really good! The members love to feed the missionaries and feed them good! Lunch here is bigger than 2 dinners normally in the states. The weather here is so nice. 80's in the daytime and 50's at night. The sun is strong here and just drains the life right out of me. I am sleeping really good. I have blisters on my heels from walking so much and hope they will soon turn into calouses. My spanish is coming a long pretty good. People say I speak good. We have a mamita that does our laundry. She folds really good!! My companion is pretty sweet. He has a lot of great stories from other companions and other areas and goes home in May. Take care, Love Elder Nelson