Friday, August 22, 2008

P-day

So a big surprise popped up on my computer screen at work...an e-mail from Jaren Nelson at the MTC. We were all pretty excited to get our first letter on Monday...let alone one the following day. Tuesday is Jaren's "P-Day" or Preparation day. It's their day during the week to take care of personal things ie. writting letters, laundry, grocery shopping (when he gets to Chile) etc. We're so excited to share his very first e-mail letter.

Hey friends and family! So I have nearly completed my first week here in the MTC. I have learned so much already it is amazing. We have been taught how to pray and bear our testimonies in Spanish as well as introducing ourselves as missionaries and stating our purpose. My Branch Presiden'ts name is Pres. Johanson. He is a really cool guy. I was called to be a District Leader for my district. I was overwhelmed at the thought of leading this great group of 11 of us. It took me a few nights to finally get a good night's sleep. I just couldn't slow my mind down enought to fall asleep or stay asleep. I am adjusting to the schedule now though so I am not so tired in class anymore which is nice. The food here is great but is kind of a trap. If not careful...gaining 2 lbs. a week can add up. Today is my "P-Day" so I had the opportunity to go to the Provo Temple. My companion and I ate at the cafeteria afterwards. It was so good! They were serving Pork chops and mashed potoatoes. The rest of my day will be study time and laundry. This evening there is a devotional for the whole MTC. There is a rumor going around it might be an Apostle...we'll just have to see! Mom, a lot of missionaries are getting same day email from a place online called dearelder.com. You might try it and pass it on to others. Well please tell everyone THANK-YOU to everyone for supporting me whether it has been by writing or attending my farewell last week. Love, Elder Nelson.