Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Hot!

A dog that greets us at our pension...we named her Luda.
Jaren's Christmas package from home finally arrived!
He has a mini Christmas tree, presents and pink walls!
elder smith (left), me, elder villagra (right).
they are both so funny.
elder smith said that he was going to smile like a
south american in his pic haha

Our zone.
Hey everyone!
So this week i gave my first haircut today to elder halverson. it turned out good but it did blaze a spot right above his ear but he doesnt care. We found Nayareth to teach. She is going to be baptized on December 27th. She moved in to live with her sister who is a member and they came to us at church last week saying that they wanted to start the discussions. It is pretty cool. So tonight I am going out to Punitaqui for intercambios (exchanges). so i will have been in every sector of the ovalle zone. Things are going well with my companion and I. We like a lot of the same things and found out that a lot of the little annoying things we do to family and friends are the same. Its a good time and we enjoy working together. I am playing the piano for the Christmas conference this month...its only 4 songs and i am able to practice them every day so its not that bad. We are also singing in the district conference for Ovalle. We had a practice yesterday with members and the lady complemented my singing a couple of times--haha...i was doing bass too. I dont think it was me she was hearing because I don't sing...SO on the funnier side of the week, we were walking down this big hill earlier on tuesday, and this guy who was probably like 22 was at the bottom and walking the opposite way we were going...anyways, he turned up to wave at us and took his eyes off the ground and hit a curb and did the goofiest looking fall i have ever seen! The first thing he did was look back up at us to see if we saw it. I gave him the thumbs up and just kept walking. He was laughing...it was funny. Well, just enduring this heat...take care everyone and enjoy the snow for me ;) Love you all! -Elder Nelson
P.S. Happy Birthday Uncle Neil, Uncle Andy, Uncle Byron & Erica! Hope its a good one :)