Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crooked mouths & a new companion

Hey Everyone!
Hey how are things going? Things are good here. It sounds like Thanksgiving was a good time. I didnt even notice a difference down here.
So drumroll....I am still in Limarí, Ovalle. I do have a new companion. His name is Elder Tondevold. He is from Murray, Utah and has been on his mission for about 13 months now. He is cool and we get along good together.
So, yeah this week was full of contacting. So i dont remember if I told you this earlier but there is a superstition here that makes me laugh just about everytime I see it. It is called the "boca chueca"...not really sure how to spell the second word, but it means crooked mouth. If anyone is drinking a hot drink or ironing, they will come to the door with their mouth covered because they think if they talk and the cold air hits their mouth, it will get stuck. My comps like to have a little fun with these people sometimes and kinda make fun of them without them realizing by like cautioning them not to come out anymore. Its pretty funny.
So its weird to think that on the 13th of Dec. I will have been on my mission for 1/3 of a year already. The time really flies down here but the MTC seems like forever ago.
I am still working hard and learning the language. It its getting easier for me to understand people but speaking still is a challange at times.
I better wrap this up but I hope all is well and you are enjoying the cooler weather...its only getting worse each day and I would kill for a cool breeze. I'm getting quite a tan line where my watch is. Well today is still overcast and nice but we will see how long that lasts :) I love you all!
Love,
Elder Nelson