Monday, September 28, 2009

Sector Gomez Carreño in the Zone Achupallas

My first Latin companion from Ecuador - Elder Miranda
I get to see the beautiful coastline of Vina del Mar again everydayBut this is as far as we go....what's with the barbed wire fence??
Hey everyone how are things going? Things are going good for me. I am now in a new sector. I got changed to the sector Gomez Carreño in the zone Achupallas. My new companion is Elder Miranda. He is from Ecuador…my first latin companion. The sector is kinda cool. Its big but there are hardly any youth. Its all old people in the ward. I do have some pretty sweet views of the ocean though which is pretty cool.
This past week we had the 18 of September. I was pretty bummed about no being in my last sector as they went to Casablanca (a camp ground)for the whole day. Here we just played soccer in the morning with some of the ward members. That day we just worked as normal which was almost pointless. On the 17th at night, there was a stake activity where they had some festive dances of Chile. It was pretty fun. I guess our ward is going to have a ward party in October.
My new pension is pretty sweet. Its on the 8th floor of an apartment building. I am living with Elder Gulbranson and Elder Tondevold. I was pretty excited to hear the I was going to be living with them. It has been pretty fun this past week in the pension.
On Sunday, we had a fireside with Elder Jorge Zeballos of the 70. He talked to us about the document, “Permaneced.” It was a really good. One thing that stuck out to me was the importance of being an active member in the church and how the Sacrament is like a mirror to see if we are enduring to the end. The whole document focuses on receiving and maintaining the Spirit in our lives and the Sacrament is something necesary to have it.
In the sector, we have an investigator with a baptismal date. She is pretty cool. Her name is Gladys. She is like 50. Her life has really done a 180 degree turn for the better. She really enjoys going to church and is excited for her baptism.
Well that is kind of what is going on right now in the mission. We are just trying to get settled. I am still getting to know the sector so we will see how things go this week.
Take care, chao Elder Nelson