Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fall in Chile

My new glasses....ya right!
Hey! How are things going? Things have been going good for me. This week really flew by for me. I have been really busy here in Viña it seems. This past week Leo came to church. The normal 5 minute walk for us to the church took about 35 minutes with him. He walks really slow and i think he was trying to keep his pants from falling the whole trip. This next week i think we are going to try and find someone that can come and pick him up. He has no problems with walking but we can tell that it is a little hard on him. We have had a great support from some of the members in our ward that come with us to our appointments that we have with him. We were able to get 11 lessons with a member this week which is the highest in this sector for over a year now. There is still work to do though. SO kind of the highlight of the week was that we had interviews with the President on Tuesday morning. I was really nervous for it since he has a longer interview with me to go over the district and stuff too. it was a really good interview. We talked about the difficulties of contacting a rich sector like Recreo with all of their intercoms and nannies and stuff. He gave us some really good ideas.
This week has had some really nice weather surprisingly. The sun came out and we were rockin short sleeve shirts for the week. Saturday night though we all just about froze. Sunday was really cold. Today it is overcast and chilly. I sure do miss the nice hot summers. I would take that over the cold anyday.
Thanks for writing me this week and letting me how things are going there! Love you all lots! Take care con amor, elder nelson