Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transfer again...El Belloto, Estero Viejo

My new companion,
Elder Davila from Fort Worth, TX.
Cecilia, Macarea, Daniela....investigators in Vina.
Goin' home....Good-bye Elder Schneider...you're a ROCK!
(First comp in Chile....last night in the mission field)

Hey everyone how are things going?
This past week we had changes. It turns out that my stay in Viña was to be for only 6 weeks. I am now in a town called El Belloto in the sector of Estero Viejo. It is in the city or outskirts of the city Quilpue. We are 30 minutes inland from Vina. Our sector has lots of apartment buildings and that means lot of stairs. My new companion is Elder Davila from Fort Worth , TX. This is only his second change in the mission. He was trained by a latin who was in his last change so I am teaching him a lot of what goes on in the mission. Everyone here says that my comp looks a lot happier now that he has a companion from the same country. I can only imagine what it would have been like with a latin for the first 6 weeks of being in Chile. The sector is pretty cool. We live 25 minutes outside of our sector and its only us two that live in the pension.
This past week I have been pretty sick. I thought it would just pass by but on the 4th day I called Hma. Wilhelm and got the medicine I needed. I had to stay in the pension on Saturday evening and rest. I am now on a special “bland diet” as you could say. Only rice and white noodles with lots of liquids. No milk products, raw veggies or fruits, and no bread. Its not that fun to tell you the truth. Our pension is pretty deprived on appliances too so my normal eating habits wont take place here either. There is only a fridge and a stove. No microwave or sandwich maker…..AHHHH! Well I am on the diet until tomorrow evening so I can make it until then I guess.
In the sector I came to nothing again so we are in the searching business. Well that is about all that has been going on for me this week. Just hangin in there and trying to find people to teach. Thanks to those that wrote this week. Take care everyone and have a great week. Say hi to everyone for me and good luck Jeni with Graduation and everything this week. I´m proud of ya :) Have a good week. Chaíto, elder nelson