Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Villa Alemana and my new comp Elder Rojas

My new companion Elder Rojas

Hey everyone! How are things going up there? Things are going well down here. Last Monday night I caught the 1:00am bus to Viña and waited there from 5:30 until 8:00 in the bus station. I got to Villa Alemana around 11:30 or so after waiting around in the office for a couple hours for other missionaries to arrive. The ward is really cool and big. There are well over 100 that go to church. We live on the same property as a couple member families. They have 4 dogs that are always happy to greet us. Elder Rojas is my new companion. We are getting along good. We should be having a couple baptisms next weekend. The weather is starting to show autumn here. This past week wasn’t very hot at all. So something funny that happened; last night, the power went out in all of Chile! We were having a meeting at that time, around 9:00pm and the lights flickered for a few seconds, and then black. We went outside and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The sky was absolutely full of stars. There is like a big splash of stars that basically splits the sky in two as if someone were to take a paintbrush and make a big stroke through the middle of the paper. It was really cool. Well my time is about up so better wrap this up. Take care everyone! Chao -Elder Nelson
Goodbye Ovalle...my old stompin' grounds!