Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Black List and my last General Conference in Chile

My new scriptures covers...a birthday present carbonated apple juice they make in Ovalle
see last line....made in Ovalle

hey how are things going this morning?
I had a good week this week. It was full of interchanges with other missionaries. On Wednesday, we did interchanges with the elders that are in Olmué. It is a pretty little country town about 45 minutes away from Villa Alemana. Elder Hyer from Homedale, Idaho came to be with me in Villa Alemana. He is in his first change and was actually delayed in coming down here one week because of the earthquake that happened a month ago. It was fun to see what it was like in those first weeks of trying to understand what everyone is saying and then trying to teach. He did a good job and got us into a house on a contact. that was pretty cool.
Later on in the week, on Saturday, I went out to Limache to do intercambios with Elder Sigarán. He is from El Salvador and got to the mission field the same day that I did. Elder Tondevold was his trainer actually. We had a really good day out there and were able to teach quite a few lessons. In the evening, we took some french fries home and enjoyed them with the ranch dressing that I had made the day before. It was soooo good haha.
On Sunday, Elder Reid and Elder Haymore, the assitants, came to church with us and then we did interchanges with them afterwards. During lunch, we found out that the family's son is in the states and works in the MTC and that he was Elder Reid's teacher in the MTC. That was pretty cool to find out. We found a new investigator named Manuel. He is a father of 3 and is actually a bus driver for people going to the Santiago Temple. He let us come in a explain a bit about the Book of Mormon. He accepted it and said he was going to read and pray about it.
During the day, Elder Reid told me that we were now on the black list in the mission office. (We came to Chile together and will be going home together as well). The black list is for the missionaries who will be needing plane tickets in the near future. AHH! That was a weird thought and feeling when he told me that...
Well I hope all of you take advantage of General Conference this weekend. I am pretty excited for it. Sadly its the last one of my mission....
have a great week everyone!